StoriesWorld

Man dies after being electrocuted from listening to music on a charging phone

Kritsada-Supol-electric-shock-thailand Reports are that a man from Thailand, was electrocuted to death after he was found making use of his earpiece (listening to music) while charging his phone.

Police said they found 24-year-old Kritsada Supol on his mattress with his Samsung device plugged into a power point with a cheap charging cable.

When the property owner visited his room in Chonburi the next morning, police said the body of the man who is a factory worker was found with signs of burning around his ears.

According to the Sun UK, he appeared to have been listening to music or talking to someone, with the microphone section of the earphones resting over his lips.

Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong from the Phan Thong Provincial Police Station in Chonburi, Thailand, said they believe that Kritsada was electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his smartphone at the same time.

The captain said: ‘We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music.’

Officers blamed a poor quality charger for the death.

Polthong added: ‘Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorised company. 

‘It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death.’ 

Graphic photos below: 

Iker
the authorIker
Writer
Chemical Engineering student, Social media enthusiast, I'm a newsophile, the dashboard is my office...My friends call me a Fadden Blogger but you can call me Iker 😉

Leave a Reply